1. Have you been yet? Just about everything is on the up-tick! When the global economy began sliding in 2007, Panama was one of the few places that held its own and continues to prosper. The key sign in any society is how healthy the middle class is, and here it is growing and strong. Because of that, and a government that favors growth, encourages tourism and foreign residents, Panama is reigning as one of the top destinations in the world. (For rest of this article)
2. Panama has two coast lines. 477 miles of coastline on the Caribbean, and 767 miles on the Pacific side. It is this side that “Coronado and the West Beaches” are located. This area is made up of the following towns. Punta Chame, Playa Gorgona [Nueva Gorgona], Playa Coronado, Punta Barco, El Palmar, San Carlos, Rio Mar, Santa Clara, Farallón and Rio Hato. “West Beaches” link
3. Early in the morning of December 9, 2010 transits and regular operations resumed due to historic proportions of rain. These weather conditions in Panama City and along the Canal Watershed caused mud slides and a much higher Canal water level. Ship traffic had to be suspended which required the opening of the Gatun and Madden floodgates.
4. The Panama Canal is currently undergoing an historic expansion, due to be completed in 2014. This will double the waterway’s capacity allowing more traffic and accommodating longer, wider ships passage through the canal.
Panama Canal Authority (ACP) is the autonomous agency of the Government of Panama in charge of managing, operating and maintaining the Panama Canal. The operation of the ACP is based on its organic law and the regulations approved by its Board of Directors.
5. The Panamonte Inn & Spa celebrates 95 years. Since 1914 the Inn & Spa located in the cool highlands of Boquete, in the Chiriquí region, is a 45-minute drive from David. The Panamonte has hosted travelers and explorers the world over. It is honoring their birthday this year, with deluxe renovations and new amenities. This Inn is known for gracious hospitality, charm and exquisite cuisine.
For a direct line to E. David Brewer, Director: email@example.com