Summer is here but don´t think the beach or river is the only activity in Panama. In Panama many open air activities take place. There are open air concerts on the stairs of the Administration
Panama Q "The Canal Administration Building"
Building this coming 30th of January starting at 3:00 PM with national artists. At this same location on February 4th Richard Clayderman and Raul Di Blasio will be on stage together delighting all piano lovers. Tickets for the Clayderman and Di Blasio concert are for sale in Blockbuster. The stairs of the Administration Building provide an open air ambiance, with a soft breeze and relaxed environment for concerts that makes for a nice change from the enclosed, air conditioned theaters where most events take place.
Another open air event is the Panama Air Festival 2010 which will take place on January 31 at the Howard Airport. There will be airplane acrobatics by seasoned pilots such as Fred Cabanas who has three gold medals in world air acrobatics championships and will be executing three different acrobatics routines on his “Pitt’s Special” airplane. This is guaranteed to amaze. There will also be exhibitions and flights in ultralight planes, helicopters and all types of commercial planes. The show starts the 31st of January at 9:00 AM. Access is through the old Howard Airport Building and no entry fees apply. There will also be games and attractions for children.
For children you must hurry, until the 24th in Anayansi Theater in ATLAPA The Magic Disney Show is on. The magic of Disney Live is on stage. It is a magic show using props and the story line of famed Disney movies. The show runs an hour and half with a 20 minute recess. Tickets are for sale in Audio Foto´s Ticket Center.
In late February several concerts are taking place: on the 24th of February, Paulina Rubio of Mexico will be in Panama, and on the 28th of February Julio Iglesias. March 8 Metallica will rock Panama with their music. There is definitely something for everyone in the music scene for the coming months.
Early March also brings business with EXPOCOMER, Panama´s premier business fair. This year it will be held from March 3 to 6 of this year in ATLAPA. It is regional trade fair where companies exhibit their products to buyers from local and international markets.
This is just a brief overview of some activities in Panama City this summer. Check the newspapers and online to see what else is taking place that may be of interest to you. There is generally something for everyone and worst case scenario a cool drink on a warm summer evening out on a patio or a colonial plaza can be had everyday of the week.
For more on Panama: PanamaQmagazine
We all know the old saying: “when one door closes, another one opens”. I always add: there is also that hallway in between. Opportunities are always present. We just have to be aware of them and seize them and the moment. The hallway, pictured here in all of its magnificence, and painted by Antonio Rimada, is symbolic of transition, of connection and of opening to new possibilities.
Home is a sanctuary unlike any other. It shelters us from storms beyond our front door, nurtures body and mind, inspires imagination and delights the senses. Home often reflects the proclivities and desires of our selves and our lives, whether tranquil or vibrant, traditional or unconventional, predictable or eclectic, practical or flamboyant. Regardless of style, homes, like people, share a common attribute: they possess a soul. You feel it when you walk into a room washed in warm hues or sink into the impossibly soft down of a sofa. It’s present in the palette adorning walls and the textiles dressing furniture. Mansion or cottage, metropolitan or seaside, there truly is no place like home.
For complete story: panamaQmagazine
- Global advertising and public relations campaigns have helped spur the growth.
- Howard Air Force Base a UK company London & Regional Properties signed one of the biggest development deals ever, acquiring the 2,747.82 acres of the ex-US Air Force Base with a plan to transform it into a multi billion business district with retail, hotel facilities, and approximately 20,000 homes. It also comes with the second largest air strip in Panama.
- Political and fiscal stability and the mood of confidence with the new Government, President Martinelli at the helm.
Construction in Panama City
- Construction everywhere, from Panama City down the Pacific Western Coast. Beach towns Chame, Gorgona, Coronado, Santa Clara and Farallon are being built out. The new Coronado shopping complex next to Rey’s supermarket will be finished late December of this year.
- New infrastructure is every where in Panama City, and taking place in most other cities. Along with most of the projects funding is in place and are moving along at a good pace. (Note: The current economic crisis may slow the pace of growth some, but long-term projections remain highly positive).
- The financial hub, Panama City, is home to the largest concentration of international banks in Latin America. Additionally The Panamanian stock market is taking off with significance. More and more companies, local and foreign, have begun considering it as an attractive option to finance and expand their businesses. For more on the Panama stock Market : panamaQ